Not Just for Widgets: Operational Excellence in Custom Build and Large Equipment Manufacturing
How large and custom build manufacturers can seamlessly deliver products to their customers
Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 11:00 AM EDT
About This Webinar
In environments like custom build fabrication, construction, overhaul and repair, and large equipment build, the overall strategy of ‘being lean’ can be a stretch to apply. That’s because lean was spawned from the automotive industry where schedules are fixed and dealers handle changing customer demand. However, these complex manufacturing environments can still achieve Operational Excellence and deliver products and services seamlessly to customers.
This webinar moves beyond lean value streams that produce ‘widgets’ and instead focuses on designing a high-performance customer delivery system in challenging industries. Attendees will hear how to create end-to-end flow along, practical applications of the principles taught, and the results: consistent output of products and services that enables operations to deliver to customers seamlessly day in and day out without the need for management intervention.
Large, complex manufacturing, including building construction, railcar construction, shipbuilding, aerospace, special use vehicles, military vehicles, and more.
- The different principles and guidelines for designing a high-performance customer delivery system
- How to create flow when the product is too large and cannot be moved through different stations
- How to eliminate scheduling, expedites, rush work orders, and status meetings in these complex environments
- How to create ’pitch’ and visual management for guaranteed turnaround time
- Ways to engage employees who build the product to deliver the product
This is a modal dialog
You can only interact with elements that are inside this dialog. To close it click a button or use the ESC key.