The increasingly competitive global economy and heightened customer expectations have upped the pressures on manufacturing environments to design lean value streams that achieve Operational Excellence. But a lack of direction, time, or buy-in can hinder even the best intentions. This online training is the answer.
Using a complex, real life manufacturing example, course participants will learn how to:
- Determine true product families in complex manufacturing environments.
- Create continuous flow in a mixed model environment.
- Calculate takt time for a mix of products.
- Establish machine loading and EPEI for equipment.
- Balance labor for a mix of products.
- Create standard work for a mix of products with varying cycle times.
- Set up and size first in, first out (FIFO) lanes.
- Schedule the pacemaker.
- Develop pitch.
Unlike traditional courses on applying continuous improvement, this course teaches how to design flow step-by-step in order to create a mixed model pacemaker capable of flowing a mix of parts with varying cycle times and levels of customer demand through the same value stream, all at the pull of the customer.
- No prerequisites are necessary
- Course length: approximately two hours
- 1 YEAR Unlimited Access on your computer or compatible device
- Each module concludes with interactive quizzes to ensure viewers understand the material and to reinforce the key points in the training.
- All participants receive a certificate of completion.
- Includes a FREE COPY of Creating Mixed Model Value Streams (Second Edition), shipping charges will be applied to your order.
Online Training Viewing Requirements
Your PC/Mac or mobile device must be compatible with the following requirements:
- Flash Player 10 or later (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash), and one of the following browsers:
|Recommended Browsers for Windows||Recommended Browsers for Mac||Recommended Browsers for Linux|
|Internet Explorer 7 and later||Safari 3 and later||Firefox 1.x and later|
|Firefox 1.x and later||Firefox 1.x and later|
|Safari 3 and later||Google Chrome|
|Opera 9.5 and later|